Halloween 2023 is upon us and for this spooky season we wanted to share with all the poets of the world our Halloween poetry ideas. Whether you are a new poet looking for inspiration or a seasoned poet looking to spice up your inspiration resources – this list is designed to help you make the …
Are you ready to delve into spectacular poems? The Poetry Corner here on Lore Publication is dedicated to publishing all kinds of poetry from talented poets of all nationalities. It is a place where words come together to create captivating musings of emotion and imagery from the skilled wordsmiths behind these screeds.
From dark poems about the more destructive side of the human mind to light hearted love poems; we provide a place for poets to share their inner most thoughts and feelings. It is a place for those who appreciate the beauty and power of language in the written form.
For lovers of poetry, the poetry corner proves itself to be a source of high-quality, thought-provoking poems to satiate your need for soul food. We aim to create an atmosphere where poetry enthusiasts can come together to explore, share and discover the many facets of this art form.
Why Publish Poetry?
Well, a simple question with a not-so-simple answer. Many of the poets we feature here on Lore draw a great deal of joy in the construction of their verses. They aim to capture the essence of life, death, love, and everything in between.
Whether you’re a seasoned poetry lover or a newcomer to this enchanting world, we invite you to embark on a journey of inspiration, reflection, and discovery through the words of our poets and the power of their words.
We publish because we can and we write because we need to.
What Can I Expect From Lore’s Poetry Corner
For this section of our website you can expect all kinds of things, including (but not strictly limited to):
- Individual poems. These are one off poems that writers have submitted to us for publication on the blog.
- Micro poetry collections. These are a fun concept to both write and publish. For the poems that don’t need extra stanzas, whose impact can be felt in few words alone, these collections bring together poems from one or multiple writers with a single coherent theme.
- Poetry Dyads. These are posts that contain two poems that play off one another or entwine with one another in some shape or fashion. Usually, these are produced by the same poet but not exclusively.
- Articles about poetry. From time to time we’ll interview rising poets or publish an article about poetic form (or articles designed to help you get started on your poetry journey).
And this is just to name a few things you’ll find on our beloved poetry section.
Have a browse for yourself and find your next favourite poem!
Poetry Submission Guidelines
If you’re looking to submit poetry to Lore Publication, you’ll need to heed to the following guidelines:
- Submit a maximum of four (4) poems at any one time, or up to 500 words; whatever limit is reached first. We’d be grateful if you’d wait a minimum of 3 months between submissions if you want to submit your work.
- Submit poems in Times New Roman, font size 12, in a standard word document using .doc or .docx format.
- Double space between your lines, and justify to the left (unless the justification is important to the structure of the poem).
- We permit a brief 100 word description about any visual elements of formatting suggestions to heed – but these will all be discussed in greater detail if you work is accepted.
- You retain full rights to the work, and if your work is selected, will provide us with rights to publish it on the Poetry Corner. More on this if your work is accepted.
- Currently, we do not accept video, image, audio or multimedia submissions. Text submissions only.
- Submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org, via an email.
- Email Subject line should read: [Submission] Author Name + Poem Title
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to us and we’ll answer you queries ASAP.
Hello everyone. Welcome back to Lore Publication. Stewart wrote this poem about moving from the countryside to the city of Glasgow, and then about his fascination with re-kindling his love of nature while living in an urban area. This poem was originally published to celebrate the birthday of Robert Burns in 2021. As a disclaimer, …
I am waiting to live A life yet to come, Longing to see That which lies beyond the stars. If losing is a game To be played in solitude, I want to win my battles With humble attitude. I am surviving With the burning desire to exist, Conscious that the static Requires mutations, Confiding in …
I look out from the tombstones of the past, Holding scorn, Seeing all but a crown of thorns, And noose of crimson petals. I hear the cry of forgotten lovers, Echoing through the moors of time, Clouded by the mists of ego, Weathered by the winds of change. But, From time to time, I feel …
With the clash of a sabre against steel, And the might of one will against another, On countless forgotten battlefields, The winds of change dictate, That final breath, on that final day, The reaper of men basks in glory, As you play the devil’s hand in a cosmic story, Of bound fate and decided destiny. …
At Lore we love to publish micro poetry collections or individual micro poems on our poetry blog. Usually, I will post some on our social media channels, or publish a collection of MP here on Lore for people to enjoy. So, I thought it is time to delve into what MP is for me, why …